Thursday 20 May 2010

Back in the blogosphere

After a 3 month-long hiatus, I'm back in the blogosphere. I’ve been travelling and working very hard on several exciting projects, but my entries have consequently suffered.

Although my workload has not decreased, I am not planning to travel for the next few weeks. Hopefully I will manage to blog on a more regular basis from now on, especially now that there are many things we have been working on lately that I hope will be of interest to the NMR community.

For now, I’d just like to point out a very interesting blog entry written by my friend Stan on his well-known NMR blog. One of the tools in Mnova for which we are most proud of is GSD (Global Spectral Deconvolution) which, as any other fitting process, requires the definition of a line shape model. GSD uses a Lorentzian model and some of the reasons for this choice have been elegantly exposed on his blog.

Why spectral lines are Lorentzian

No comments: